The ideal bra makes you feel at ease both physically and psychologically in any situation. It determines your posture, with all the relative consequences on your health and wellbeing. The best bra you can find is the one that makes you forget you are wearing it. Knowing there are countless types of lingerie out there is great, but being able to match them with different needs actually increases the chances to find the perfect one for you in the store you are going to visit next.
Here is a list of the most common types of bra and what to consider when you pick one over the other:
1. The demi bra is the most popular, since it suits all occasions and most types of breasts. However, it best suits smaller breasts which do not need extreme support.
2. The push-up adds some extra sex appeal to the silhouette by enhancing your cleavage and making your bust look at least one cup size bigger.
3. The full cup offers extra comfort and support especially to fuller busts.
4. The plunge is great to create a sensual cleavage for low cut tops. Lightly lined cups assure a natural shape, with no extra volume.
5. The balcony or balconette bra is the best for medium and large breasts and works well for special occasions, since it creates a beautiful open neckline.
6. The strapless bra with removable straps and silicone tape is extremely versatile and can be worn under strapless dresses and tops. Multi-way bras with convertible straps can give you the necessary support even when it comes to tricky tops and dresses. The bare backless version is the only way in case of low back and backless tops or unusual dresses.
7. The minimizer is perfect for large sizes that need firm support. Besides, it makes breasts look smaller and the silhouette slimmer.
8. The T-shirt bra looks beautiful when worn under tight tops and sheer clothes thanks to its smooth surface which perfectly hides nipples and makes it feel light and soft. Layering bras are actually designed to be seen under tops.
9. The sports bra has a special design that makes it an excellent choice for active women who need extra support while staying cool and dry. They can be worn both while working out and lounging. The level of support you need depends on the sport you practice - make sure you get the right fit!
10. The maternity or nursing bra offers extra comfort thanks to its soft non-wired cups and supplementary adjusters.
Fashion is constantly changing, but those garments that better satisfy women’s needs become timeless "classics". While corsets are rarely used as underwear nowadays, bralettes represent a stylish alternative to conventional bras. But if we are to think of the practical aspect of bras, we all agree every woman is different and the ultimate comfort implies the best fit for an individual, regardless fashion trends.
Besides bras, you can also use shapewear to shape your silhouette and get a leaner body. Starting from the body shape and personal characteristics, you can spot the areas which could benefit from such help and choose the adequate shapewear to effortlessly balance your silhouette.
Have you already found the perfect underwear for your body? Do you know how to choose the bra style that best fits your breast shape? Share your experience in the comments below or contact me for customized advice on how to measure your bra size and identify the right bra styles for you.