If you often think that you have nothing to wear in spite of the fact that your wardrobe is bursting at the seams with clothes, maybe it’s time for you to try a different approach.
In order to easily match the clothes you already own, you need some neutral items. Basic staples should represent the "backbone" of your outfits, to which you can add further elements and accessories able to turn them into unique and personal looks.
1. First of all, you need a classic cut white shirt. Moreover, a beige and a black shirt could also turn out helpful in many occasions. Thanks to their versatility and neutral colors, they can be used both in professional and casual-chic looks. A pair of statement earrings or a scarf with some uncommon pattern can transform your entire outfit.
2. Try different skirt lengths - from short to midi and maxi - and add at least three to your wardrobe. Keep in mind your body shape and take into consideration the most appropriate colors, fabrics, shapes and patterns, too.
3. When it comes to dresses, a little black dress is a must, regardless of your personality and lifestyle. It’s a classic. Don’t just choose the first one you see since only certain cuts can flatter your body shape, be they trapeze, Empire, A-line, bell, baloon and so on. No matter the shape and your personal color palette, a black dress is easy to accesorize so that it matches different occasions.
Black dress: 8 BY YOOX
4. High or low-waist, cigarette, slim or regular, some trousers in neutral colors and a pair of dark jeans will always help you effortlessly put together smashing outfits. It’s very important for you to choose some trousers with a fit clear cut.
5. For a complete look, you will also need some quality accessories matching your clothes. You will have to carefully choose and care for bags, shoes and jewelry that match your style.
How many of the items I have mentioned can you find in your wardrobe and how many items do you still need to purchase? Let me know if you feel ready for a shopping session but have no idea where to start. I would be happy to give you a hand.
This page contains affiliate links. That means if you buy something after clicking one of the links on this page, I may receive a commission, at no extra cost to you. Thank you for your support!